Thursday, November 21, 2019

School Bus Terror by Charley

School bus terror
My name is Lauren Thompson and this week I attended a new school called MaryHill Middle school. I was nervous on my first day, but at lunch my future best friend said hi to me. Her name is Liyla Moore, she doesn’t know her mom, but she has her mom's last name. One day I was waiting for my mom to pick me up from school when Liyla approaches me. “Hey Lauren, I’m having a...uh...birthday party...this uh ...weekend and uh…”. She swallows, I can tell that she is nervous about something. “Liyla, are you ok?” I ask. She swallows again before she proceeds. “Yeah..yes I’m fine, uh what I was going to ask you if you wanted to come.” She starts to sweat, but I trust that she is ok like she told me. “Yeah sure, where and what time?” 
“My...uh..dad is going to drive us..to my house..on the bus...and be here at the school at…”. She checks her phone, and I can see the pool of sadness swell up in her eyes. “Lilya are you sure your ok?” “IM FINE! JUST MEET ME AND MY DAD HERE AT 6:30 PM OK!” She storms off and by this time I know there is something wrong. I check my phone to see when my mom said she would pick me up, when I am distracted by the sound of loud footsteps getting louder. I look over and it is Liyla, running at me, with her face dripping wet. She jumps on me and hugs me sobbing. “Liyla, whats wro-”, before I can finish she tells me “I'm so sorry Lauren, I hope you can forgive me, I didn’t have a choice.” At this point I'm confused as to why she is crying and apologizing to me. Just then her dad pulls up and calls her to his old, greasy truck. They drive off with my best friend sobbing and me with confusion. After a little while my mom picks me up, and I ask here if I can go to my best friend's party. “Who else is going?” “I think it's just me.” “What time, and where?” “6:30 pm at school, her dad is going to pick us up with his bus.” “That's strange, don’t you think?” “Mom, please, she is my best friend and she will be sad if I don't go.” I whine. “Ugh, fine, what time do you want me to pick you up?”, “9:30 maybe?”, “No, that is too late” , “Fine 8:30.” We both agree for her to pick me up at 8:30, so I texted Liyla the plan. 

So the weekend rolls around and I check the clock, it says 6:25. “Mom can you take me now!” I whine. “Fine, get your stuff.” I grab Liylas gift and get into my moms car. She drives me to the school, but to my surprise I don’t see Liyla. I don’t think anything of it because now it is only 6:27. Then her dad pulls up in his old worn down, yellow school bus. He opens the door and they squeak, hurting my ears. “Oh sorry for the old doors, Liyla will be here in a minute, you can wait in the bus if you want.” I hesitate, because I don’t know him that well. “Oh..no I’ll just wait for her out here.” He looks mad and starts getting out of the bus aggressively. “Get on the bus, it looks like it is about to rain.” It is the summer time so it is still light outside, and I look up and there isn’t a cloud in sight. “But...there isn’t...uh..a....uh cloud out right now.” I say scared and sheepishly as he walks toward me. He starts yelling at me to get in his bus or bad things will happen. I start to run but he catches me by my hoodie. I start kicking and screaming as he wraps his arms around me, so I can’t move. He covers my mouth and I bite him until his skin breaks and he starts bleeding. His grasp loosens but he doesn’t let go, even when I kick him my hardest. He whispers in my ear with a sadistic tone, “Don’t yell...or you will regret it.” I don’t listen to him and I keep on kicking and screaming. This time he doesn't cover my mouth, he just drags me onto his bus. He throws me into a seat and when I turn around he knocks me out.  


When I wake up we are on main street, so I think it couldn’t have been too long since we had left. He doesn't realize that I’m awake, so I carefully and quietly crawl to the back of the bus. My heart is beating so fast I feel like anyone can hear my heart beating from a mile away. Once I make it to the back of the bus I try to quietly open the back window. We are at a red light, and I try to hurry and open the window while being quiet. “HEY...WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” He walks to the back of the bus with an angry walk. “LEAVE ME ALONE!” I cried as I try to open the window as quickly as I can. He was about to hit me when the light turned green and everyone started honking at him. He quickly went to the driver's seat and drove over the speed limit for a bus.  I’m in the back seat and I start banging on the back window and screaming “HELP ME,PLEASE!” “STOP BANGING ON MY WINDOWS, YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT WHEN WE GET HOME!” He says with a sadistic smirk on his dry, cracked lips. We get to another red light and I was trying my hardest not to let him hear my crying, because I don’t him to hit me again. I wasn’t good at hiding it, when we came to another red light he came to the back and broke my finger, then he showed me his pocket knife. He raised the pocket knife and put it against his lips and said “Hush hush small child.” His lips started bleeding because he cut them, and he started laughing. Then I kicked him in the jaw, and when he tried to hit me again, I got Liylas gift and broke it on top of his head. I got Liyla a snowglobe, I had forgotten how heavy it was. Once I kicked open the bus doors I came stumbling out of that bus with a bloody nose, a black eye, and a broken finger. I fell onto the road and someone came out of their car, and the last thing I remember is the sound of sirens, and my mother crying.

I woke up in the hospital, and my mom was crying beside my bedside. I asked what happened. “Well after you fell on the road, someone came out and got you out of the road and called the ambulance.” She could barely finish her sentence without letting out a sob. “I’m so sorry” “Mom it isn’t your fault.” I start crying as she sobs right in front of me, believing it was her fault. “Who was that man?” I asked. “He was a known peadifile and kidnapper, he kidnapped Liyla when she was walking home from school. He uses her to get other girls into...his trap.” I think “ so that is why she said that she was sorry. “Is she here?” I asked hoping she was here. Just as I said that she walks in crying. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t have a choice...and he said that he was going to-” Liyla….it is NOT your fault, the good thing now...is that we are safe...ok?” We sat together sobbing in eachothers arms, and we found Liylas real mom and dad. Liyla stayed in town and so did I, but from then on we never walked home and we never went on a bus ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment